Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make salmon dip using store cupboard ingredients. Serve with either crackers or vegetable sticks. *Note: Cook time is processing time.
- 1 (105 g) can pink salmon
- 1 (310 g) can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, leaf tips
- Place salmon, chick peas, onion and lemon juice in bowl of food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Slowly add milk or water until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in dill and put into a serving dish.
- *Note: It is better to let this dip stand for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavours to blend.
Here's a nice tasting, very easy-to-prepare dip that's worth making again! I did use canned salmon, but another time would like to try it with some salmon that I bake! Used milk rather than water for a bit creamier texture & was very please with the results! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]