Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian Table Magazine November 2007 submitted by reader Deidre Ryder - sounds delish. Servings are a guesstimate on 2 cup yield. Since making yes you get about 2 cups and have found red salmon gives a slightly richer more salmony taste.
- 200 g light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (heaped)
- 210 g pink salmon (drained, skin and bones removed)
- 2 dill pickles (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and season to with salt and pepper to taste.
- Suggested you serve with toasted crusty bread and or crackers, also think fresh crunchy vegetables would go well too.
This was very tasty! Used one 5 oz pouch of salmon (no draining & no skin or bones to deal with!) and about 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish (drained). Thought about adding green onion but decided not to - might try that next time though. I used this as a sandwich spread and it was great with a little lettuce & shredded carrot. Thanks for the recipe!
This was a TASTY dip. I used neufchatel, regular sour cream and dill pickle relish. I had to use dry dill and think fresh would have been better. I added 1/4 cup of minced red onion. We enjoyed this with fresh baked bread, crackers and crudites. Thanks for inviting Freddy Cat by for a visit!