Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This was orinally a recipe from Emeril Lagasse, which I cut in half and made a couple of minor changes.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (lox, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill, plus
- more chopped dill, for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks.
- Press yolks thru a fine-mesh sieve into a mixing bowl, or just mash them real good with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salmon, dill, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon heaping amounts of the mixture into the egg whites.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped dill before serving.