Recipe by JoyfulCook
Delicious, dainty appitizers, easy to make ahead of time and just put together an hour before you need them, A great flavour, just the thing to serve your guests with a drink before dinner
- 20 slices white bread
- 75 g garlic butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 210 g salmon, -red
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salad cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Take each slice of bread and cut three circles per slice of bread approx 2 inches wide. continue until all are cut. using a cookie cutter.
- Using your rolling pin roll each piece until thin (this should make them at least 3 inches across)and spread each side thinly with the garlic butter.
- pre heat oven to moderate ( 170c).
- push into patty pans and cook until slightly golden brown - 15 - 20 minutes, sometimes its worth flipping them over in the pan just to make sure the base is well cooked then remove and cool.
- The Filling.
- Drain the Salmon well. when you open the can actually push the lid into the can to get out as much juice as possible and remove any skin and bones. Beat the cream cheese until soft, add the salmon, sour cream, salad dressing and lemon juice, coriander, chives, salt and pepper, beat all together for one minute.
- Put at least one heaped teaspoon of the filling into each bread case, garnish with a few pieces of Chives and serve.
- NB. both the bread cups can be made at least 24 hours ahead, keeping the bread cups in a sealed plastic bag and the filling the the fridge, they can then be put together at the last minute.