1/1 Photo of Salmon, Cucumber Chili Salad
Buster's friend's Note:
Received this from www.whfoods.org . It sounds fast, satisfying but lighter - great for hot weather. I plan to use the grill (outside) to avoid heating up the house this time of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, deboned and skin removed cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced washed (do not peel)
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced, seeds and stem removed (to taste)
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mint, chopped fresh
- 1To Quick-Broil salmon preheat broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- 2Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.).
- 3While pan is heating, prepare the remaining five ingredients.
- 4Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- 5While salmon is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve toss with cucumber mixture. Do not toss ahead, as it will dilute the flavor.
- 6Place cucumber salad on a platter and place salmon on top. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon, Cucumber Chili Salad
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 384.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.3 g