Recipe by Buster's friend
Received this from www.whfoods.org . It sounds fast, satisfying but lighter - great for hot weather. I plan to use the grill (outside) to avoid heating up the house this time of year.
Top Review by stormylee
This was lovely - quick to make and tasty! A great change of pace from the same-old lettuce salads; we particularly enjoyed the jalapenos in this since we like things hot! ;-) Thank you Buster's friend!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, deboned and skin removed cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced washed (do not peel)
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced, seeds and stem removed (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mint, chopped fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, cracked, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To Quick-Broil salmon preheat broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.).
- While pan is heating, prepare the remaining five ingredients.
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- While salmon is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve toss with cucumber mixture. Do not toss ahead, as it will dilute the flavor.
- Place cucumber salad on a platter and place salmon on top. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.