Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy appetizer to put together quickly and looks very fancy. Your guest will love them!
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 -2 tablespoon of melted butter
- 4 ounces light sour cream
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 small lemon (1 table spoon of juice and 1/4 teaspoon of rind)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Slice baguette into 1/4 inch slices.
- Brush each piece with a little of the melted butter.
- Bake until toasted.
- Place under a light broiler for 2-4 min or until a light golden color.
- While the bread is baking, mix together cream cheese (helps if it is at room temperature), sour cream, pepper, dill, lemon and garlic.
- The bread must be at room temperature before you assemble.
- Spread a bit of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of bread. Top with a small piece of salmon either flat or in a roll. Top with a small drop of the cheese mixture. Then add a small piece of fresh dill for garnish.