I have been making some version of this dish forever. This is the current one. In the past I have made these with various breading ingredients: matzo meal, breadcrumbs or wheat germ. Now that I am trying to avoid grains, I use hazelnut meal. The coconut oil I use for this is the expeller-pressed version, available from tropicaltraditions.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start heating the oil in a large skillet (coconut oil must be kept on a low to medium heat and watched carefully to avoid smoking).
- 2Drain salmon (leave a little moisture in the salmon so the croquettes won't be too dry).
- 3Remove skin and bones if desired, or mash the salmon (with the skin and bones intact) in a small mixing bowl.
- 4Add egg; mix well.
- 5Add onion flakes (or onion powder) to taste, oregano and pepper. Mix well.
- 6If salmon looks too soft and liquidy, add a little hazelnut meal.
- 7Form into small balls and roll in hazelnut meal.
- 8Flatten each patty slightly and place into skillet.
- 9Saute until browned on both sides.
- 10Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 11I like to add a bit of celtic salt on top of each patty once they are cooked and drizzle lime juice over each patty.
- 12Alternatively, I omit the salt and lime juice and top each patty with some of my Coconut Ginger Soy Sauce (Coconut Ginger Soy Sauce).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Croquettes (No-Grain)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.5
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 334.5 mg
- Sodium 163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g