Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 can red salmon
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove all bones and skin from salmon and mix with cracker crumbs, onion and egg.
- Shape into croquettes and skillet fry.
- Serve with white sauce. White Sauce: Combine cornstarch, margarine, milk and stir until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute and pour over salmon croquettes.
A little on the dry side, and the sauce needed more flavor. Otherwise, very easy to make.
This my first time on the site and this was a very simple and tasty recipe I just added a little fresh chopped spinach and some prepackaged salmon season. I was very satisfied with tthe result. I also put some grated parmesan cheese in the white sauce for a little different flavor.
One I was cooking for did not even like salmon croquettes and he loved it! The sauce makes it.