Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon (Chinook or Blueback)
- 1 egg
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 medium potato, baked peeled and mashed
- 1 cup matzo meal, approximately
- paprika, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 -3 teaspoons chicken fat
- Combine salmon, egg, pepper, onion and potato.
- Add enough matzo meal to make the mixture hold together.
- Add more pepper and paprika to the remaining matzo meal.
- Form salmon mixture into patties with wet hands, and dip both sides into flavored matzo meal.
- Fry over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each side.