Recipe by Rubies
My mommy's. Really good with black-eyed peas and cornbread. If you have time to make these ahead, they taste really good if you can refrigerate them for an hour or two before frying. However, it's not necessary to do this, and I've not included refrigeration time in the time to make.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained and de-boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salmon, eggs, saltines, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into patties.
- Coat each patty with cornmeal.
- If you have the time to spare, refrigerate patties for 1-2 hours (although it's not necessary to do this if you're in a hurry).
- Fry patties in oil until golden.