Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Mrs. Bo Livingston of West Point, MS.
- Mix the salmon, lemon juice, salt, and celery and set aside.
- To make cheese sauce; grate and melt cheddar cheese on low heat, then add sweet milk to melted cheese.
- Add cheese sauce to salmon mixture and then 3 cups crushed cornflakes and shape into croquettes.
- Roll in 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
What a simple, yet wonderful recipe! These croquettes held together better than any other salmon recipe. The flavor was outstanding. Thank you for posting this; BH and I will enjoy this often! P.S. One could replace the salt with a teaspoon of ground sage.