Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Mrs. Bo Livingston of West Point, MS.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
What a simple, yet wonderful recipe! These croquettes held together better than any other salmon recipe. The flavor was outstanding. Thank you for posting this; BH and I will enjoy this often! P.S. One could replace the salt with a teaspoon of ground sage.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salmon, lemon juice, salt, and celery and set aside.
- To make cheese sauce; grate and melt cheddar cheese on low heat, then add sweet milk to melted cheese.
- Add cheese sauce to salmon mixture and then 3 cups crushed cornflakes and shape into croquettes.
- Roll in 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.