1/4 Photos of Salmon Croquettes
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Ida Waring). Excellent recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain liquid from salmon.
- 2Remove large bones, skin, and dark brown spots from salmon.
- 3Gently break up salmon and set aside.
- 4Mash baked potato, or crush sleeve of crackers into crumbs, and add to salmon.
- 5Stir in egg, onions, salt, and pepper.
- 6Shape mixture into egg-shaped croquettes if using potatoes and roll in cracker crumbs. Shape salmon into patties if using crushed crackers.
- 7Brown in hot oil a few minutes on each side until golden.
- 8Reserve some liquid from the salmon if the patties are to dry to hold together, add 1-2 teaspoons.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.0 g