Recipe by FusionCat
Really simple to make, and delicious. It's better if you substitute some of the milk with cream.
Top Review by peachesnmoxie
I enjoyed the way the flavors of thyme, mushroom, and salmon worked together. Onion & garlic flavor intensity is determined by the amount of muddling done how much lemon juice is added how long it's sauteed before mixing into butter/flour roux. Works best with fresh mushrooms! I substituted only non-fat milk (reduced amount) and mozzerella cheese, which brought the caloric count down significantly. This is a dish to make for company!
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet
- 4 -5 green onions
- 3 -4 shiitake mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 15 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 300 g fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and add pasta.
- Chop up garlic and the green onions.
- Grind the garlic, pepper, spices, lemon juice, salt and a few of the green onions in a mortar and pestle.
- In a heated frying pan, add some butter in one corner, the mortar mix in another, and the flour in another.
- When the butter melts, mix it with the flour. Then mix with the other ingredients.
- Chop up the mushrooms and salmon. Add to the frying pan.
- Add the milk slowly to the pan. Keep it boiling. Add the cheese, and continue adding the milk.
- Boil until it's thick and creamy. Then add the boiled and drained pasta.