Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the salmon mixture needs to chill for 3 hours to blend and firm up. You can make the roll up to 24 hours in advance, or freeze the logs, then thaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This is the most delicious salmon roll, it tastes like smoked salmon (lox) but at a fraction of the price lol! make this for your next get together, everyone will rave! Adjust all amount to taste if desired. Serve with crackers or crostini.
- 1 (1 lb) can red salmon (or use half red and pink salmon)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large green onion, finally chopped
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped parsley (or to taste)
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, divided (you might use a bit less!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the salmon and remove any bones, then squeeze out any excess moisture using clean hands; transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the salmon slightly with a fork, then add in the softened cream cheese with green onion, liquid smoke, horseradish, lemon juice, seasoned salt, black pepper, dill weed and one tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- Cover and chill the mixture for minimum of 3 hours.
- Divide the mixture into two and roll each section into a thick log.
- Roll each log in about 1 cup nuts.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.