Recipe by Julie B's Hive
This delicious dish an be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated, simply increase baking time by 25-30 minutes. From My Great Recipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE CRÈPES:.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and whirl at high speed until well combined. Refrigerate 1 hour. Make crèpes using a lightly oiled 7-in pan.
- MAKE FILLING:.
- Lightly mix salmon, green onions, pepper, egg and crumbs.
- Fill and roll crepes, using about 2 tablespoons salmon mixture for each. Place side-by-side in a buttered 13x9 baking dish.
- MAKE SAUCE:.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan, then stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Add salt, dry mustard, tarragon and cayenne. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in half-and-half and wine. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly until thick. Mix in parsley.
- Pour sauce over crèpes Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.