Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this yet.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- minced parsley, to taste
- Drain and flake salmon, reserving liquid.
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in butter.
- Add potatoes, carrots, reserved salmon liquid, chicken broth and seasonings.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are nearly tender.
- Add flaked salmon, evaporated milk and corn; heat through and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh minced parsley for garnish, if desired.
Very yummy recipe, although I must admit when it's finished it doesn't look appetizing at all. But it's really good. Even my picky children liked it. Oh, and I think the recipe needs salt too.