Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground as needed
- to taste kosher salt (as needed)
- 18 slices rye bread or 18 slices French bread
- 1⁄3 cup roasted shallot smear (recipe follows)
- 1⁄3 cup herb cheese spread (recipe follows)
- 1⁄4 lb arugula
- Heat 1 Tbsp.
- olive oil in medium saute pan over high heat and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Season salmon with pepper and salt. Heat r emaining olive oil in large saute pan until smoking hot and sear salmon, about 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Toast or grill bread.
- Spread 6 slices with roasted shallot smear and top with salmon.
- Place slice of bread over salmon and smear with herb-cheese spread followed by pancetta and arugula and top with remaining slice of bread.
- Cut at an angle and serve. Roasted Shallot Smear Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over 10 whole, peeled and halved shallots and 10 peeled garlic cloves and roast in preheated 300F oven until soft. While pureeing in food processor, add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 anchovies, 2 Tbsp.
- chopped fresh rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Herb Cheese Spread In food processor, combine 3 cloves peeled garlic, 1 Tbsp.
- each of chopped fresh rosemary, basil and thyme, 1 cup cream cheese, 1/2 cup goat cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Makes 6 servings.
Looks really tasty, except what kind of salmon and how much?