Recipe by threeovens
This recipe is from Chef Christine Keff of Flying Fish restaurant in Seattle, Washington.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fennel leaves or 3 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 -3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb salmon, skin removed and cut into bite-sized chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat; add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in the garlic powder and next 5 ingredients.
- After a minute or so, stir in the chicken stock and next 3 ingredients; bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Add the salmon and cook just until done, about 1 minute.