Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Converted from the Aparagus and leek chowder recipe I found in the Taste of Home annual recipes 2005
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 large leeks (white portion ONLY, sliced)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 11 ounces canned corn (drained)
- 1 tablespoon pimiento (chopped)
- 1 lb salmon (flaked)
- In large saucepan, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, and leeks in butter for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stiring flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth, & cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn, pimientos, & salmon. Heat through.