1/1 Photo of Salmon Chowder
This chowder is hearty and delicious, a wonderful treat for cold winter evenings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup shredded American cheese
- 1Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion, celery, and garlic powder until onions are tender.
- 3Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, and dill.
- 4Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn, and cheese.
- 7Cook on low heat until heated through and cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 773.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: