This chowder is hearty and delicious, a wonderful treat for cold winter evenings.
Make and share this Salmon Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup shredded American cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery, and garlic powder until onions are tender.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn, and cheese.
- Cook on low heat until heated through and cheese melts.