Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty, pretty and delicious filling soup
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillets, lightly grilled or 1 (14 ounce) can salmon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bl. pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 (13 ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen corn
- Flake salmon, (reserving liquid if using canned salmon.).
- Saute onions, celery and garlic in margarine. Add potatoes, carrots, (reserved salmon liquid), chicken broth and seasonings.
- Simmer covered, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add salmon, evaporated milk, and corn, heat thoroughly.