Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this dish as even though there are 2 very different flavours they do compliment each other with the seasoning I served this with roasted pumpkin, paprika and peppered broccoli mmmm just goes down a treat.
- 2 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 salmon fillet (smoked if you prefer)
- 2 -3 ounces butter
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 chopped mild chili pepper
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste or 1 teaspoon salsa, sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (cut or sliced fine) or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (cut or sliced fine)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to about 180.
- Wash chicken and season with the chopped chilies, ginger, spring onion, paprika, oregarno and sambal.
- Rub all the seasoning into the chicken and leave to marinate for min 45 minutes to 2-3 hours. When chicken is ready, either use a food scissors or knife to make a pocket from the thickest part of the chicken right down near the end of the chicken breast.
- Wash salmon and slice semi thinly and set aside in a bowl chop up basil and add to fish add ginger chili, add 2 oz of the butter and mix well set aside until ready for use
- Once this is done, stuff the chicken with the salmon mixture and seal with tooth picks.
- Place chicken with all marinade in a non-stick tray and drizzle over with olive oil.
- Cook for about 25-35 minutes. Chicken should be a nice golden brown and moist.
- Service with steam or fragrant rice and veggies of your choice.