Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A very nice appetizer to serve with crackers.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can red salmon, drained
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all ingredients except parsley together well and refrigerate overnight.
- Form into a ball and coat with the parsley. (If it wont stay in a ball just make it a spread - I usually do!).
- If you wish, you can add more horseradish or onion to taste.
I soooo enjoyed this. I make a similar one but your has now become my favorite. It's the horseradish. Don't you just love that stuff! I going to make it again for the holiday but this time I'm going to combine the 2 recipes. I put peeled seeded diced cucumber in mine. I figure how bad could it be? I'll get back to you on that. Thanks Semra22.
I love this spread (I'm calling it that because I did not shape it into a ball, just served it in a bowl). I used heaping tablespoons of horseradish and doubled the onion. Very addictive for me on saltine crackers and I had to force myself to stop eating it.