Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is quick and easy to make. Is more like a quiche though. I got this receipe from a free card at Wal-Mart. The only thing I changed about it was to use 2 C cheddar instead of 1 1/2 C that it called for, regular onions instead of green, added more pepper and used a can of salmon, instead of the filet it suggests. Enjoy
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 -9 slices bread, with crusts trimmed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounces salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Arrange bread in spiral pattern in a buttered 9 in pie plate, arranging edges to form a crown.
- Sprinkle 1/2 C cheese over bread in bottom of the plate.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Stir in salmon, onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 mins or until center is set. Check after 15-20 minutes.
I got this recipe from the back of a Honey Boy Pink Salmon can when my husband wanted something other than salmon patties. It actually called for only 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. I will definately make this again.