Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great appetizer or first course. It's also good as a light warm weather dinner served on lettuce leaves.You may use fresh jalapenos instead of the canned chilies- adjust to your personal heat tolerance! Originally from the R.S.V.P. section of a December 1978 issue of Bon Apetit. The recipe request was from The Waterfront restaurant on San Fransisco's Embarcadero.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 whole canned green chilies, rinsed and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine salmon and lemon juice in bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain salmon well and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Chill before serving.