Recipe by NannyMarvel
A scrumptious recipe from our local newspaper. Don't overcook the eggs: Yolks with some "give" make a much lighter stuffing
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled & halved lengthwise
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons tiny capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons salmon red caviar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully scoop the yolks out of the cooked eggs and place in a bowl; lightly mash with a fork. Add the salmon, capers, 1 tablespoon of the chives, the lemon zest and salt and pepper, stirring with a fork. Carefully fold in the caviar.
- Mix the sour cream and mayonnaise together; add to the yolk mixture and stir gently to bind ingredients. Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture so it mounds attractively. Sprinkle lightly with the remaining tablespoon of chives. Arrange the eggs in a spoke fashion on a serving plate.