1/4 Photos of Salmon Casserole
Debbie R.'s Note:
We LOVE this recipe, even DH, who hates fish. It's from "Favorite Recipes from Quilters." Prep time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml uncooked macaroni (wholewheat rotini is fantastic)
- 411.06 g canned salmon
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Cook macaroni.
- 2Drain salmon; break it into bite-size pieces.
- 3Make Sauce: Melt butter. Saute onion until transparent. Blend in flour, stirring constantly. Slowly stir milk into saucepan mixture. Cook until smooth and thick, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and parsley. Mix well.
- 4Spoon pasta into sprayed casserole dish. Put salmon on top. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Pour sauce over it, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- 5Bake at 375 for 25 min or until hot and lightly browned.
- 6NOTE: This doesn't make for a lot of sauce. To keep original proportions, double the butter, onion, flour, milk, lemon juice and parsley.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 794.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 46.8 g