- 1⁄2 lb linguine or 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (leaf not ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (leaf not ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) canscanned diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained and broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In large saucepan cook bacon pieces until crisp; drain; set bacon aside, reserving about 2 tbsp fat.
- Add onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and peppers to bacon fat; cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vinegar; cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in salmon and cream; heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Garnish with cheese.