Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe from the back of the Chicken of the Sea Salmon package. I wanted to know the nutritional info, so I'm entering it online! We just ate these tonight, and they were quite yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (7 1/8 ounce) packages boneless skinless pink salmon (I used Chicken of the Sea Skinless Boneless Pink Salmon)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer Panko)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine bell pepper, green onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in the salmon, egg, and 1/2 cup of the breadcumbs; mix well until blended.
- Divide and form mixture into 12 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining bread crumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2" thick.
- In buttered skillet, over medium heat, fry cakes until golden brown (about two minutes per side). Serve immediately with Lemon-Herb sauce.
- LEMON-HERB SAUCE: In a small bowl, combine: 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoons prepared horseradish, 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoons dried thyme, salt and pepper, to taste. Blend well. Chill until ready to serve. Makes about 1 cup.