Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These salmon cakes are super easy to make and quite savory. I just looked on the back of the Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon package and saw the recipe. I had all the other ingredients around the house...a real plus. I replaced the horseradish with spicy brown mustard because that's what I had. The cakes are extremely flavorful alone--the sauce just adds to it. Enjoy.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions or 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 (7 1/8 ounce) envelopechicken of the sea brand boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine bell pepper, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in Chicken of the Sea Salmon, egg and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs; mix until well blended.
- Divide and form mixture into 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2-inch thick.
- In buttered skillet, over medium heat, fry cakes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Lemon-Herb Sauce.
- LEMON-HERB SAUCE. In a bowl, combine: 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish, 1 tsp dried thyme, salt and pepper, to taste. Blend well. Chill until ready to serve. Makes about 1 cup.
Didn't measure up at all, but didn't follow the recipe to the t. Made our own breadcrumbs, used a different sauce with it which was lovely - the salmon we poached ourselves, but everything else. Took a lot longer than expected as well.
Oh my Gosh! Substitute crushed stove top stuffing for the bread crumbs and this is absolutely fantastic. I am not a big fan of bread crumbs, so the previous suggestion of the stove top allowed me to try this. The saucce alone is great. I could see using this on other meats. My husband wants to try it with steak. Served with basmati rice (mix a little sauce in, yum) and steamed broccoli. Very memorable. I have never actually reviewed a recipe until now. I have tasted some really great stuff here, but this is one of my favorites. Oh, and by the way I did not have green pepper so I used celery. Also, I used Miracle Whip since I had it on hand. Wow!
I love this recipe! I've made it several times and tonight I didn't have bread crumbs so I subbed Stovetop stuffing, I just crushed it a little finer. We liked it alot! The crumbs that were left over I poured over the cakes in the skillet.