Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you don't have fresh, cooked salmon, tinned salmon may be substituted.
Make and share this Salmon Cakes With Lemon - Herb Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups loosely packed crumbled cooked salmon
- 1⁄2 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- To make lemon-herb mayo: Combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish and 2 ½ tsps thyme in small bowl.
- Season sauce to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make salmon cakes: Combine first 7 ingredients in medium bowl and stir gently to blend. Season to taste. Mix in egg. Shape into 6 patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add salmon cakes and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with sauce.
Loved theses little cakes. Served with Kittencal's Marinated Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw for a light supper.
This was a big time hit in our house this evening. I started with 1 big Coho Salmon steak from the freezer and made half the recipe which turned out utterly delicious.Even the sauce was a success. Gotta love the nutritional numbers are very good as well.. Made for Culinary Quest 2014, Salmon 101 Challenge.
Made this again and love it even more! It's salmon season and hubby is pulling in his limit of 6 pinks a day so I have a freezer full of salmon! I remembered this recipe and the next time he brought fresh salmon home, I baked 4 in the oven in foil and then boned them all at once. I kept 6 cups out and froze the rest in freezer bags.
I made the recipe exactly as it is written except I made a mistake by dumping the corn flakes whole instead of crushed! I just mixed it up anyway and let it set a bit in the fridge, they held together great!
Definately a keeper (haven't tried the sauce yet, I love tartar sauce too much, Thanks Evelyn