Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe calls for canned salmon, but to make it really tasty, use leftover poached, broiled or grilled salmon. I was given this recipe by a friend at work.
- 2 cooked potatoes, peeled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or fresh parsley mixed with dried dill)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked potatoes; stir in the flaked salmon, egg, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, dill (or parsley and dried dill), 1 T of jalapeño sauce, horseradish and salt, stir until mixture is well combined.
- Shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Place remaining cracker crumbs in a small plate; dip salmon cakes in crumbs to coat well on all sides.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and olive oil; add salmon cakes and cook about 4 minutes on each side, turning once.
- To make green mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, 1 tsp jalapeño sauce and 2 tsp fresh dill.
- Serve salmon cakes with green mayonnaise.