1/2 Photos of Salmon Cakes With Ginger-Sesame Sauce
By FN chef Ellie Krieger published in the USA Weekend magazine. This recipe relies, pretty much, on pantry ingredients. If I did not have fresh ginger for the sauce, I would mix mayonnaise with Thai chili sauce or sriracha.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 2 (15 ounce) cans salmon, drained and picked over for skin and bones
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 5 scallions
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Remove the crusts from the bread tear into pieces and process in a food processor until you get fine bread crumbs. (I just put in a bowl and processed with my hand blender, worked just fine). You will have about 3 cups of soft crumbs.
- 2In a large bowl, flake apart the salmon with a fork. Add the eggs and mix well.
- 3Finely chop 4 of the scallions (white and green parts) and add to the bowl.
- 4Add the water chestnuts, cilantro pepper and the bread crumbs and mix well.
- 5Shape into 12 patties.
- 6In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 1 2 tsp of the oil over medium heat. Add 6 patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- 7Repeat with remaining oil and salmon patties.
- 8Sauce: if you do not have Greek-style yogurt, use 1/2 cup regular non-fat yogurt but drain it in a coffee filter for 30 minutes.
- 9Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- 10Serve the patties with the sauce on the side, and garnished with the remaining chopped scallion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes With Ginger-Sesame Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g