Chef Luvfood's Note:
Adapted from Ellie Krieger's recipe--delicious salmon cakes, much like crab cakes, with a bit of oriental flare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (divided, 2 cups and 1 cup each)
- 15 ounces of ready to eat canned salmon
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (egg beaters)
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup drained and finely chopped water chestnut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
for ginger or sesame sauce
- 1Make the ginger/sesame sauce first.
- 2In small bowl, add all ingredients for sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- 3Make the salmon cakes.
- 4In large bowl, break apart salmon with fork.
- 5Add the egg substitute and mix well. Finely chop 3 scallions (whites and greens) Reserve some for garnish, and add rest to bowl.
- 6Add the water chestnuts, cilantro, pepper and 2 cups of bread crumbs. If mixture seems too thick, add a bit of milk to loosen. Mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- 7In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Coat formed patties with the remaining 1 cup bread crumbs and place into hot oil. Sauté for 5 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- 8Serve warm with ginger/sesame sauce and garnish with reserved chopped scallion.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes With Ginger/Sesame Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 822.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g