1/5 Photos of Salmon Cakes With Creamy Sauce
From the Essential Eating Well Cookbook, these are so tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1To make sauce:.
- 2Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- 3To make salmon cakes:.
- 4Preheat oven to 450°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 5Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, remove from the heat.
- 6Put salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork, remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard(and honey if using), mix well. Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper, mix well. Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- 7Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the bottoms are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- 8Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve salmon cakes with creamy sauce and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes With Creamy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 586.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs