From the Essential Eating Well Cookbook, these are so tasty!
Make and share this Salmon Cakes With Creamy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- fresh ground pepper
- To make sauce:.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- To make salmon cakes:.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, remove from the heat.
- Put salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork, remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard(and honey if using), mix well. Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper, mix well. Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the bottoms are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve salmon cakes with creamy sauce and lemon wedges.