Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These salmon cakes are delicious as a light lunch or dinner and can also be served as appetizers. This is from an advertisement for Chicken of the Sea salmon. I have also made this with canned chicken instead of salmon with great results.
Top Review by Judy from Hawaii
This is a very nice salmon pattie. I made a couple of minor changes to suit my tastes. I subbed white onions for the green & sauteed them briefly with the red pepper. I also added the zest of half a lemon. This recipe goes together very easily & has a real nice flavor (I highly recommend the zest for a stronger lemon flavor).
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 (6 ounce) cansboneless salmon, well drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to personal preference.
- Stir in egg, well-drained salmon and 4 T of the bread crumbs.
- Divide and form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining bread crumbs; flatten into cakes (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Fry salmon cakes in melted butter in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.