Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These salmon cakes are delicious as a light lunch or dinner and can also be served as appetizers. This is from an advertisement for Chicken of the Sea salmon. I have also made this with canned chicken instead of salmon with great results.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to personal preference.
- Stir in egg, well-drained salmon and 4 T of the bread crumbs.
- Divide and form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining bread crumbs; flatten into cakes (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Fry salmon cakes in melted butter in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
This is a very nice salmon pattie. I made a couple of minor changes to suit my tastes. I subbed white onions for the green & sauteed them briefly with the red pepper. I also added the zest of half a lemon. This recipe goes together very easily & has a real nice flavor (I highly recommend the zest for a stronger lemon flavor).
great dinner! I adjusted the recipe to what was on hand and it still worked out great. I used lime instead of lemon, olive oil instead of butter and old bay instead of cayenne. To add more zest I added fresh garlic, and celery. I also dusted them with flour to help with browning. This recipe allows for the cook to be creative if he/she still follows the basic steps.
Such an easy recipe, but very tasty. The only change I made was to add a touch of Old Bay seasoning, as I use this seasoning to taste in just about all my seafood recipes. Thanks for the posting, Chris!