Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
As requested, from TOH. These are good for a quick meal.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained,boned & flaked
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs.
- Add cream, cornmeal, onions, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt if desired.
- Add salmon; mix well.
- Melt butter in skiller or griddle; drop salmon mixture by 1/3 cupfuls and cook over medium heat for 5 mins.
- on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
My husband wrinkled his nose when I said "salmon cakes" but he said these were really good! You would never even guess there is salmon in these. I didn't know what to expect but thought the cornmeal sounded good. These have a soft egg-y texture that makes you think there are mashed potatoes in them. My DH had his between toast and I had mine plain. These would be great for breakfast, too. Thanks Martina! Roxygirl
I loved these salmon cakes. The texture is great and flavour wonderful. I didnt have any green onions so used chopped chives. Quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.