Recipe by Bunsby
Another recipe from my mother's collection. Good for children who don't really like fish. Goes well with rice.
Top Review by Swati Banerjee
I used Carr's table crackers instead of the soda crackers but didn't have enough of them for two cans worth of salmon so I added flour into the salmon mix. I also added a little worcestershire sauce, finely minced onions and celery. I dredged in breadcrumbs, let chill for an hour so that the cakes would hold well. I first baked at 375F for 15 minutes and then browned the sides in hot olive oil for a better presentation.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 dill (optional)
- 8 soda crackers, crushed
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash salmon, bones and all, in a bowl with a fork.
- Add onion, egg, salt, pepper and dill (if used).
- Blend well.
- Crush soda crackers and add to the salmon, mixing well.
- Add just enough crumbs to make a mixture that will hold its shape.
- Make patties and dip each in flour or more cracker crumbs to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add patties and fry slowly until golden on both sides.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve.