Another recipe from my mother's collection. Good for children who don't really like fish. Goes well with rice.
- Mash salmon, bones and all, in a bowl with a fork.
- Add onion, egg, salt, pepper and dill (if used).
- Blend well.
- Crush soda crackers and add to the salmon, mixing well.
- Add just enough crumbs to make a mixture that will hold its shape.
- Make patties and dip each in flour or more cracker crumbs to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add patties and fry slowly until golden on both sides.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve.