1/1 Photo of Salmon Cakes
Another recipe from my mother's collection. Good for children who don't really like fish. Goes well with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash salmon, bones and all, in a bowl with a fork.
- 2Add onion, egg, salt, pepper and dill (if used).
- 3Blend well.
- 4Crush soda crackers and add to the salmon, mixing well.
- 5Add just enough crumbs to make a mixture that will hold its shape.
- 6Make patties and dip each in flour or more cracker crumbs to coat both sides.
- 7Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- 8Add patties and fry slowly until golden on both sides.
- 9Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g