1/4 Photos of Salmon Cakes
Riverside Len's Note:
This is a recipe I have modified to my taste that I got from a Native American Cookbook. The cakes can be made in either a muffin tin or you can fry them in a little olive oil or oil of your choice. And you can use your favorite seasoning if you don't like dill. You can also use the milk of your choice. You may also use whole eggs if you prefer. It's also a great way to use leftover fresh salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain water from the Salmon and put Salmon in a medium bowl.
- 2Add dill and stir to break up the Salmon.
- 3Add milk, cornmeal and egg whites.
- 4Stir to blend everything in well.
- 5If baking,.
- 6Grease 6 standard muffin tins, no stick cooking spray works well.
- 7Divide mixture into the 6 tins.
- 8Put in 350 f oven for 30 minutes.
- 9If frying,.
- 10form into 5 or 6 patties, not too thin.
- 11place in pre-heated skillet in which you have put 2 or 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
- 12Fry for about 4 minutes, turn and fry 4 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g