Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fresh tasting summer burger
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated havarti cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 4 pumpernickel rolls
- Make the mayonnaise: whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or gas grill to med-high heat.
- Make the burgers: slice the fillet into 1-inch strips, then cut the strips crosswise to create 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix the salmon cubes, panko, grated cheese, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and chopped dill, until ingredients are evenly distributed; season with salt and pepper.
- Form 4 patties of equal size and spray them on both sides with cooking spray.
- Broil or grill the burgers, turning once when lightly browned and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the slices of cheese on the burgers; place pumpernickel rolls cut side down on the grill rack; close the lid and, if using a gas grill, turn off the heat.
- Remove after the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve burgers on grilled rolls, topped with Dill Mayonnaise.
Wow, these were tasty! The fresh, rich taste of the salmon really shines through. I put my two wild salmon steaks in the food processor and pulsed until the fish was ground. I, too, grilled on the Foreman. These will be a regular dinner for us!
My family LOVED this. Even the picky eater in the family. I grilled them on my George Foreman grill and they came out great.
I changed this recipe around too much for it to be fair for me to give it stars but my dad and I both loved it. I dropped the whole dill mayonaise,since I don't like dill, used cannned wild alskan salmon and regular seasoned brad crumbs, and again ommitted the dill, and we didn't top it with havarti but since I do like havarti I will have to try that.