Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, pin bones and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- fresh ginger, grated (3-inch piece)
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and green part)
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 sesame kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- red leaf lettuce
- Cube salmon in to bite-size pieces and place in a food processor; pulse to coarse-grind the salmon; it should take on the consistency of ground beef or ground turkey.
- Transfer salmon to a bowl; add in garlic, ¾ of the ginger, tamari, scallions, red bell peppers, sesame oil, steak seasoning, and black pepper; mix to combine.
- Form 4 large patties, 1 ½ inches thick; drizzle patties on both sides with oil.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add the patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side for well done.
- While burgers are cooking, combine the mayo, wasabi paste, lime juice, and remaining ginger; set aside.
- To assemble: spread the ginger-wasabi mayo on the buns; top with a salmon patty and red leaf lettuce; set the bun tops in place.