Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
My DH loves salmon!! I have been meaning to make this burger for him, but it has been lost for a while. I am placing it here for safe keeping and as a reminder for me!! These burgers are easier to handle if they are chilled for 1 hour before grilling....time included in cooking time. From BonAppetit July 2001.
Top Review by Ms B.
Perhaps it was the tartar sauce that I used (Recipe #19229)...but we liked it very well on its own...however, we just couldn't seem get our taste buds around these burgers. They seemed dry and tasteless...maybe we overcooked them. I don't know. I am used to salmon patties with more ingredients, and we did add some salt to this to boost the flavor a bit, but it just wasn't a dinner that we will repeat.
- 10 ounces salmon fillets, skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons tartar sauce, plus
- 1⁄2 cup tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 sesame seed rolls, split
- 4 slices red onions
- 4 bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon fillets, 3 Tbs tartar sauce, 1 Tbs dill, salt and pepper in food processor.
- Blend using "pulse" until coarsely ground.
- Form into 2 (1/2-inch) thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup tartar sauce, 1 Tbs dill, lemon zest in medium bowl to blend.
- Grill rolls until toasted and transfer to 2 plates and spread bottom halves generously with sauce.
- Grill patties until fish is cooked through, about 2 min per side.
- Place burgers atop sauce on rolls, top with onion slices, lettuce and the top half of the rolls.