Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated (lemon half reserved for squeezing)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1⁄4 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 red-leaf lettuce leaves
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop the salmon; transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in the capers, lemon peel, parsley and seafood seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat the broiler. In a nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. In another small bowl, mix the mustard with the dill.
- Toast the rolls under the broiler and slather each side with the mustard-dill sauce. Squeeze the lemon half over the cooked burgers.
- Set a lettuce leaf and burger on each roll bottom and top with tomatocucumber relish and a roll top.