Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these the other night as I had some salmon to use up and served them over salad it made for a delicious meal. I also made a sour cream herb sauce to accompany them using up some fresh herbs on my fridge. I cooked these on the stove top in a pan but they would also work on the BBQ just as well. You could also serve them in burger buns with some lettuce tomato and avocado.
- 800 g fresh salmon
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid garlic seasoning
- good pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 100 ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce
- Boil some salted water in a large pan, add salmon add cook until salmon flakes easily, drain water.
- Remove skin from salmon and break up into chunks into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except sauce ingredients, mix well shape into patties, 8 large and about 15-20 if you want to serve these as finger foods, refrigerate until needed.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and again place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat some oil in a large fry pan, cook patties either side until nicely browned.
- To Serve: Either serve over salad as I did or serve in burger buns.
This one was a really mixed reaction the DM and I really enjoyed the herb sauce (the DH and DS went for tartare). For allergy reasons I had to omit the celery and scale back the green onion to 1 1/2 and for the sauce I didn't have mint sauce (we're not big fan of mint). After much discussion with the DH we narrowed it down to the dill (something we have not really used before but it did not appeal to him). Admittedly It was still a very nice salmon burger thank you, made for Edition 7 - Make My Recipe. I don't know what I did the first time I made this and it did not come out as good as I expected but have made several times again but scaling it back for 1 or 2 and it has worked great even made extra herb sauce to use on salads.
The whole family really enjoyed these and the sauce was lovely.. I did have an issue flipping them, they all broke apart so they didn't look pretty but sure tasted good. Thanks for posting!
Delicious, although mine fell apart when I tried to flip them over! (Hence no photos, sorry!) I may add a little mashed potato next time to help them along - but the 5 stars are given for layers of taste and for the sauce, which was GORGEOUS! Served mine with a green salad and some crusty French bread - made for recipe swap #32 and enjoyed thanks! FT:-)