Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Sons of Norway
Make and share this Salmon Burgers and Vegetable Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs salmon, ground
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cucumber, small, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 onion rolls
- 6 cups cabbage, red and green, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- Combine cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and mustard.
- Combine the vegetables and dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Toast pine nuts, add to salad, and toss just before serving.
- Combine salmon, bread crumbs, cucumber, shallots, and parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 6 portions and shape into patties about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- Preheat grill at medium-high. Lightly oil grill rack.
- Cook patties on hottest part of grill 5-6 minutes, turn and cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Toast cut sides of buns on grill before serving.
I cheated. I tried making these with caned salmon and had problems with them falling apart. An egg was added to help bind the patties together and some dill was added to the salmon mixture. The slaw would be beautiful with both red and green cabbage. Unfortunately I only had green in the fridge. While the burgers were good the slaw was my favorite. The burgers were served on buns topped with horseradish yogurt sauce and sliced onions and fresh tomatoes. Made for ZWT9.
i like salmon patties and this is a good recipe, love the cucumber in it . food processor made it fast . the slaw is great loved. the mustard