I saw something kinda like this on Food Network, with tuna...and I hate tuna, so I decided to try it with salmon instead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes until volume is reduced by half.
- 3Whisk in 1 T of mustard, then remove from heat and add lime juice and white pepper.
- 4Allow to cool while you make the patties.
- 5Puree the chipotle pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 6Grind the salmon in a food processor until it's about the consistancy of ground beef.
- 7Combine salmon, 1 t chipotle puree, 1 T mustard, honey, oil, and green onions in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm, then shape into 4 patties.
- 9(The cold with help them hold their shape while grilling.) Barbecue for about 3 minutes on each side, brushing often with the glaze.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Burgers!
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 533.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar