Recipe by Sackville
These are so easy and so good for you.
Top Review by sugarpea
What a great way to use salmon. I thought the combination of ingredients was wonderful and the addition of cottage cheese, inspired. Delicious flavor and texture. Now that I've made it once, I have a good idea of how wet the mixture should be. Next time I'll add more breadcrumbs.
- 12 ounces filleted skinned salmon
- 4 -6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 -3 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a food processor to combine all the ingredients together (paprika, salt and pepper to taste).
- You can also chop the salmon, spring onions and parsley as finely as you can and then mash everything together with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- If the mixture seems too wet, add a couple tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Shape into burgers and fry in a bit of oil until golden (2-3 minutes on each side).
- Serve with your favourite salad or roasted vegetables.