Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I needed a simple recipe for salmon burgers for the outdoor grill - I came up with this. The amazing thing is that when we fired up the grill it caught fire! I wound up making these in a fry pan. I served them on a roll with ranch dressing. They turned out really good - or at least my husband and I think so:) Do treat them gently - they break apart really easily!!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Drain and shred the salmon in a bowl - remove any large bones and skin.
- Add onions, bread crumbs, cilantro, egg and salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill on lightly greased grill for 5 minutes per side.